Saturday, April 24, 2010

Body wash and Keratosis Pilaris?

The doc just said I had Ketatosis (the bumpy skins condition) it's on my arms and thighs mostly. I was just perscribed a lotion (Salex) for it but i need to find a new body wash, b/c mine currently oil in it and she said to avoid them. Does anybody else have a this problem and could suggest a new moisturzing Body wash for me!? I used to love the ones with lotion in them, made my skin much softer, but apparently they clog the pores and make the condition worse? :(





i dont really want to try the expensive brands until i see how the lotion works

Body wash and Keratosis Pilaris?
Try one made by neutrogena. I actually stopped using body washes and switched back to bar soap (neutrogena acne prone bar) and lather up with that, then use a sea sponge to help exfoliate. Also, by doing research online, they have linked kerotosis pilaris to having a vitamin E defficiency (which would be one reason it gets better during the summer-more sun exposure and that provides you with Vitamin E) I started taking vitamin E and that has helped with the appearance.





Good luck to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment