Saturday, April 24, 2010

I have keratosis pilaris, help!?

I've had this skin condition for as long as I can remember. I have it on my legs, thighs, arms and around my pelvis.


it's really affecting my self esteem. I know it cant be cured, but how can you treat it?





i live in Australia so I can't get KP Duty. It's too expensive as well.


So I'm looking for a good body moisturiser, what sort of contents should I look for when I'm buying a moisturiser? I heard glycerin is good, is this true?





Ive also tried aloe vera. It hasnt really worked.

I have keratosis pilaris, help!?
I have it on the back of my arms, as well a mild case on my legs.


Dove made a body wash that really helped me. I can no longer find it in stores, but since you live in another country, you may still be able to find it. The bottle was a yellowish-beige with a golden dove on it, and it said something about glow on it. It looked like it would have one of those gradual fake-tanners in it, but it doesn't. Sorry that I forgot the name of it.


But that's the only thing I could find that helped it. I've tried other washes that are similarly labeled and marketed, but they don't work like the Dove brand one worked.


But they make work for you. So try washes that claim to gently exfoliate (no exfoliating beads. Those just hurt.) and "bring out your skin's natural glow"


Just don't pick at it too much. I have a bad habit of picking at it, and it just makes it red and swollen (which of course, makes it stick out like a sore thumb). And sometimes it bleeds. If you just leave it alone and don't pick at it, it'll be less noticeable.





Additionally, try to just accept it. People really don't notice it as much as you think they do. It feels like everyone notices, and it's not pleasant to look at in the mirror, but just accept that it's a part of you, and it can't be changed. So let your bumps be.
Reply:I think it's better to ask your question here...


www.keratosispilaris.org


Good luck..

night blooming cereus

No comments:

Post a Comment