Saturday, April 24, 2010

I have Keratosis Pilarison my arms. how do i get rid of it?

how do i get rid of it because i am 13 and it makes me self concious.

I have Keratosis Pilarison my arms. how do i get rid of it?
There is a home remedy for an Aspirin Mask and it helps





Why does it work?


Aspirin is actually a form of Beta Hydroxy Acids or BHA’s, which are found in many skin creams and work by exfoliating the dull, dead layers of skin, revealing fresh new skin underneath. Over time, BHA’s can help clarify skin tone and promote healing of blemishes.





However, do not use the aspirin mask if you have a sensitivity to BHA’s or if you have very sensitive skin, or obviously if you are allergic to aspirin!





How do you make it?


The Aspirin mask must be made with uncoated, dissolvable tablets. Take two or three tablets and dissolve in a teaspoon/tablespoon of warm water.





To Apply


Spread the mixture on the face, avoiding the eye area and leave for a few minutes until it dries. Very gently rub the mask for about 10 seconds, to exfoliate the skin. Rinse off with tepid water. Remember to moisturize as BHA’s can be drying.





I find this an excellent mask to use once or twice a week. It makes your skin feel as soft as a baby’s bottom and helps to clarify skin tone and texture.


--------------------------------------...








Since the Aspirin Mask is actually a facial mask, I had to adjust the recipe to use it on my keratosis pilaris. I used about 10-12 aspirin and added a little bit more warm water. Crush the aspirin in the water until it's a paste like texture (don't use too much water though, just enough to make it a thick paste) then apply it on your arms, legs or wherever you have KP. Leave it on until it dries (about 5-10 minutes) and then exfoliate in to your skin. Rinse off with water.





It makes my skin feel much smoother when I do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment