Thursday, May 7, 2009

Can Pearson's Promise cure Keratosis Pilaris???

I just saw that product in the internet.. And as of now, that is the only product that focuses on curing Keratosis Pilaris. It has some nice testimonials from many people... But can it really cure Keratosis Pilaris??

Can Pearson's Promise cure Keratosis Pilaris???
I got a good laugh when I looked up "Pearson's Promise". Because, without having to spend an arm and a leg, I have been using products that exactly mimic that brand. I have had a decent amount of sucess using the following steps: 1. In the shower, BEFORE getting my arms wet, I use St. Ives medicated apricot scrub. (The tube now says for blackheads/blemishes but it's the same stuff.) I also use the store brand version, with the same result. Scrub it in gently for a few minutes, then rinse off. Note: hot water makes the redness worse, warm is better. 2. Follow up immediately with Lac-Hydrin (the most expensive part at still only around seven bucks.) Coat it on pretty well, and leave off putting on your shirt until it's totally dry. I put it on, then do my hair/makeup. By then it's soaked in. The trick is to do both EVERY day. You can actually use the lotion 2x per day, but I always forget. Regardless, the whole 'system' costs me about $12 a month. I also started adding some glycolic acid to the routine, in the form of a product called "Pimple Eraser". (I know that's a bad name, and the bottle was kind of cheap-looking, but it's what inside that counts!) I put it on after the shower, let it sit for a few minutes, then do the lotion. That has boosted my results enough that I'm looking at other glycolic acid products online at higher percents. Good luck! Take these ideas to a derm. doc and try maybe Retin-a, I hear that works really well too. "Never give up, never surrender!"
Reply:Keratosis Pilaris is a genetically inherited skin condition, since your skin is continually renewing itself, there is no permanent "cure" for it. You can only treat it to lessen its appearance. Whatever you do to treat keratosis pilaris, you will need to continue to do for however long you wish to reap the benefits of the treatment. I have yet to learn of a treatment that makes the small red bumps completely vanish. There are several that will help reduce their appearance though. I personally use DermaDoctor KP Duty cream (www.dermadoctor.com), it seems to help the most, though the red bumps are still visible, just less so. It's quite expensive though. I haven't tried the Pearson's Promise. If you think it looks promising, try it out. But be aware that any claims of completely curing the skin condition are false.





To help the appearance of your skin you can do the following:


-drink lots of water


-don't pick at the red bumps


-don't try to scrub the bumps off using a loofah or exfoliating pad- this will only irritate your skin and make it redder


-you can gently loosen the top layer of dead skin cells by using a washcloth or textured soap. Just don't be rough.

petunia

No comments:

Post a Comment