Friday, November 20, 2009

Keratosis pilaris help?

ok have it on my back,chest,arms and face bad.i'm 12 and right now it's luckely winter but in the summertime i need to get rid of this so i can wear a shirt instead of hiding in a sweatshirt.today i'm going to go buy some coconut oil and i'm gonna wash the infected parts with milk.do you think this will work?how long do you think it will take for it to go away?i go the milk and coconut oil idea from wikiepiedia!!!!!

Keratosis pilaris help?
Your keratosis pilaris sounds a whole lot more serious than mine, but I have the same problem. The milk and coconut oil will help, but only minutely. I don't think it will have the affect you want. I use a lactic acid lotion - it helps with the dry skin and the keratosis pilaris. Mine lotion is over the counter, but I would suggest seeing a dermatologist about it. I know there are other treatments out there, but my biggest advice is to convince your parents to take you to a dermatologist to get it looked at.
Reply:It should help. The milk should help your skin retain more moisture. I would actually suggest that you try a milk bath. Try soaking for like 15-20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment