Friday, November 20, 2009

Keratosis Pilaris?

i have this horrible disease on my skin. i have on my upper arms and specially on my legs. I have brown skin so these bumps are almost black (in winter) which is so ugly. I can't take it anymore and i'm so depressed. The moisturizing doesn't work really much, do you have any suggestions. I'd really apreciate it.

Keratosis Pilaris?
My 8-year-old son has Keratosis Pilaris on his cheeks, and we went to the dermatologist to diagnose it.





The doctor told us that the key to getting rid of the bumps is to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. The skin is dry and that's why the "bumps" form.





You can always use a prescription lotion to moisturize, but our doctor recormmended something called "Carmol" that we got at Wal-Mart in the pharmacy (it's not a prescription). It works well, and so does Eucerin - it's an extremely THICK lotion that works well. You can get it at Wal-Mart, Target, etc.





There is no "cure" for KP, but you can certainly control it. And, the dermatologist told us that when our son becomes a teenager, he probably won't have all of the acne problems that other kids have because he has KP!





Good luck!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment