Monday, November 16, 2009

What is the best product to treat keratosis pilaris?

I need the best treatment for keratosis pilar. I have it on the back of my legs and my arms. I want to be able to have smooth skin please help.

What is the best product to treat keratosis pilaris?
The knee jerk treatment would be a topical steroid, like your typical OTC hydrocortisone. Unfortunately this will only relieve the inflammation associated with the condition, not the papules. I've only seen anecdotal evidence for truly effective treatments. Here is a case where sunbathing was apparently effective at treating the condition, look down the page: http://www.epinions.com/content_97069478...





Again like that individual implies, tanning carries its own unique set of risks. And theres no way to rules out placebo in that case either.





Anyways best of luck, sorry I don't have a solid answer for this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment